Re: [ossig] Malaysian Law With Respect To Employees Who Program OnTheirOwn Time

On 09/26/05 00:28 Ditesh said the following:
> However, it also sends a message that FOSS is a danger to the commercial
> software ecosystem by reducing business margins.

not necessarily so. i'm sure IBM's 10K filings will include the same line
with a different conclusion, i.e that the proliferation of open source will
increase opportunities for higher revenue growth from IBM Global Services.
as such, OSS is not a danger to the economic ecosystem of software, but may
be a threat to specific companies who're not reengineering themselves to
meet the changing market conditions in the 21st century.