Re: [ossig] The MAMPU event and my comments

--- Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com> wrote:

> great, and since MIMOS and I were together during
> the 1st and 2nd AsiaOSS
> Symposium Meetings in Phuket and Singapore, could I
> expect the _same_
> reciprocal preferential treatment you're expecting
> from MAMPU as
> co-attendees of AsiaOSS ?

well... personally I would think you should. I've just
entered the OSS world fulltime only recently, so I
really don't know what happened then (that you no
longer participate actively in the Asia OSS
symposium)?? Could it be due to the limitation of only
1 sponsored participant per country, as stipulated by
CICC?

However Dinesh, you know that you are still highly
regarded as far as OSS is concerned. If we have any
OSS activities, you'd definitely be on the list (even
for the coming workshop, too bad that we couldn't
avoid the clash with HITB :-( )

-smz

> and by the way, as most have asked here already,
> what has happenned to the
> MIMOS Open Source Policy ? it's been submitted to
> MOSTI, but what has
> become of it ? has it been lost within the
> bureaucratic twilight zone ?

unfortunately, I have no further comment on this :-(