Re: [ossig] The MAMPU event and my comments

First off this email may come off as an ansgty post.

Molly Cheah wrote:

> Maybe it's an issue to do with sustainability and continuity? Even
> web-sites gather cob-webs when relying on volunteer time :)

Websites, and slides, and everything else in life.  What needs to be
displayed is an enthusiasm for your work.  This can be done by keeping
at least a somewhat ( 1 month ) updated website.

> Thanks Ow. When can we meet to discuss this?

Not being mean or anything, but even just mailing out stuff to the
appropriate mailing list ( myoss ) I bet people will take the
responsibility to respond to such.  It is not hard trying to find the
people who are willing to help.  Not trying to steal the limelight from
Ow or anything.

Opinion:
What I don't understand is that even with the ease of contacting members
of the community, why hasn't there been any initiative to contact us?
For me, I have not contacted MAMPU because eventhough they are into
FOSS, they haven't proven to me yet that they are capable of moving the
FOSS movement.  Same slides, same /boring/ talk.  It does not portray
the sens that MAMPU is moving forward.  Yes, I do know that you should
take chances, but as the bigger organization that MAMPU is, they should
know better.