RE: [ossig] Peru Passes FOSS Law

We have had many requests about FOSS alternatives to proprietary software
from various organizations during our 506 organization FOSS trainings
"FOSSAC'2005" (www.fossfp.org); some of the most crucial ones were shifting
lotus notes and outlook/exchange environments to FOSS
messaging/collaboration environments. I'm trying to determine the features,
benefits in terms of what the FOSS environments claim and the flexibility on
proprietary software including performance issues. On one machine I've got
windows running and on the second one my usual work environment
Ubuntu-Linux. I've got both Outlook and Thunderbird on my Windows machine
and Evolution only on the Ubuntu Machine. At the server side I've got
Linux/SUSE.

I'm moving into using Open-Exchange on the server end and connecting all
three messaging clients..........its a long story:)

Regards.
---------------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
General Secretary
FOSSFP: Free & Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan R
FOSSAC ' 2006 Secretariat
Punjab University College of Information Technology
University of The Punjab, Allama Iqbal (Old) Campus
The Mall, Lahore-54000, Pakistan
Phone #: 92 (042) 111-923-923 Ext: 27
Cell #: 92-333-4661290
e-mail: bajwa@fossfp.org
Lahore-Pakistan.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e- mail takes no
responsibility for the material, implicit or explicit.