Re: [ossig] Bending the Malaysian Patent law to allow software patents.

Hi uwe,

Thanks for explaining the issue. I have no doubt about your experience in Europe of course.
The question is, how much of it is applicable in Malaysia's context ?

I think it would be great to have a topic that explains and clearly details how Patents are filed, reviewed, granted or rejected from Malaysia's Patent law context. This way we'll understand the process better and make the local Patent laws more transparent. This topic needs very clear understanding and in-depth explaining so that we'll know how it all works in Malaysia and rebuff companies that claims to have 'local patents' in software.

It would be great to also get online access to Patents granted in Malaysia, this is very important so we can check the trends and nab any abuse early by informing those who can make a difference in the government. Is there any way to check online/publicly for patents granted in Malaysia ?