Re: [ossig] OWA-Weirdness [Was: Bending the Malaysian Patent law to allow software patents.]

On 2 Oct 2005 at 17:28, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> But still, we might want to change the subject to dig into the other
> matter. Would OWA add some magic to a mail that only OWA can retrieve it
> properly in case it contains a PDF ?

I think OWA is converting ALL of your attachments into tnef format and
this shows up as one file winmail.dat with a MIME type of "application/ms-
tnef".  Mail clients which can decode tnef can decode and display the
files contained within the tnef file but those which cannot will just show
that there is a file of tnef format named winmail.dat.

> Before filling in more of your precious boxes, I better ask if I should
> try sending the same mail again from this same non-OWA client, including
> the attachments ? To check the listserv ? OWA magic ?

I think if you use the non-OWA client you should be ok.  BTW I have just
downloaded the files from your directory using the url given earlier and
when I tried to open them I get the password protected error again as
before.

--
Soo Hoe