Re: [ossig] Patent Covers at al

On 3 Oct 2005 at 10:53, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> field of Computer Related Inventions'. The slides are not
> self-explanatory and intended for trained Intellectual Property people;
> but they could as well be modified and used for an interested public of
> FOSS or else, in parts, where they summarise history and intentions of
> patents; including the history of software patents; and some ridiculous
> examples of software patents.

Yes I think if you can share with us the slides (modified for public
consumption or otherwise) it will be good.  Perhaps you can put them up on
your personal home page so that we can download it from there as it will
probably be too big to send over the ml.

> ? Anyone a comment on that Exchange lock-in ?

The sending of attachments in tnef format can be disabled on the various
MS mail clients, do not know whether it is still the default in latest
versions of their software.  If the receiver's mailer does not support
tnef (many do not as it is not a standard) then one has to save the tnef
file and decode it as a separate process.  Many decoders are available, I
personally use tnef (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tnef/).

--
Soo Hoe