Re: [ossig] Patent Covers at al

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 10:39 +0800, jason chong wrote:
> Whoah, those USA patents can just slip in like this through FTA or WTO
> agreements.

What's more sneaky is that policies we don't agree to (eg criminalizing
copyright infringement, DRM and TPM's, software patents, isp rights etc)
can be implemented by FTA's signed with other countries (eg Australia)
that have signed FTA's with the US as Australia would have agreed to act
as a party of US when signing agreements with Malaysia.

> This reminds me that Malaysia is committing to WTO for liberalisation
> of trade by 2008, we have less than 3 years to prevent the same crap
> from happening to us just like what's happening in Singapore.

What are the new provisions that will be introduced then?

Ditesh