Re: [ossig] Call for M'sian govt to rethink open source policy

On 4 Oct 2005 at 16:57, Ditesh wrote:

> publicly. The community members have written to the various newspapers
> but as you might have noticed, they are /not/ printing our letters.

Even if they do print the letters it will still be seen as coming from a
bunch of FOSS die-hards and as such most people may just dismiss it as non
objective viewpoints.  Like it or not PIKOM is well regarded by many in
the local ICT industry as well as in govt circles and what the Chairman
said or allegedly said will be picked up by many.

In view of this I think what Ditesh suggested about MAMPU correcting the
misconceptions about its OSS policies publicly should be done as it
carries much more weight and credibility.  I suspect that this may be the
start of a massive campaign by some businesses which relies heavily on
proprietary software in this country to blunt as much as they can any pro-
OSS public policies.

--
Soo Hoe