Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for all in Malaysia]

jason chong wrote:

> That is very true. No matter how sound or useful the advise, if it
> comes from the opposition, the egoistic ruling politicians will refuse
> to hear you out.
>
> You need to play a game of psychology, reasons and facts are not enough.
>
> It's time we all back MAMPU, and help them create new slides and
> content as well to forward the cause.

Jason, the slides are not the issue. I can live with the same slides but
the OSS community is not addressing the lack of support even to the Govt
agencies. They have a problem that the Govt agencies said that they
would not or could not migrate to oss is because there is lack of
support and maintenance. It will be difficult to involve members of the
OSS community, in its present unorganised manner unless they are part of
a corporate entity, in big projects.

There are more than 8,000 NGOs in the country. What extent they use
computers or which platform they use is anybody's guess. The OSS
community can do something here.

Molly