Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for all in Malaysia]

On 10/06/05 05:53 Dr Molly Cheah said the following:
> The business environment is so political that the minute you allign

software patents and open source are apolitical, so one good thing would be
  for oss advocates to approach their local MPs and educate them on open
source as well as why software patents are bad. at the least this will arm
the MPs for a fruitful discussion in parliament and to an extent immunize
them from the FUD emanating from closed source supporters and the pro
software patent lobbyists.

this is another task which individual members of the community can do, in
addition to the earlier one i proposed about adopting your local schools.

the question is if the community will get of its collective arse and do
these things or will they continue in group intellectual wanking on these
lists. if the community is not willing to help itself, it deserves the
moniker of no action, talk only.