Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for all in Malaysia]

On 10/06/05 21:26 BIGrat said the following:
> a chicken and egg situation

i dont see it that way.

in this case, the government is a user/customer organization, and the
support services are supposed to come from companies and the industry.
business is about taking a risk on things, and OSS-based
support/maintenance companies should take that risk if they want cusotomers
to utilize their services. suggesting that the demand exhibit itself before
wanting to start their business is a chicken shit suggestion.

in any case, the government has already indicated that it needs
suppport/maintenance services, so demand is already there. yet we do not
see too many OSS-based services companies formed from among the community.
we should be asking why this is so, instead of expecting handouts and
thriving on a subsidy mentality.