Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for allin Malaysia]

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 20:19 +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On 10/06/05 18:38 Ow Mun Heng said the following:
> > W/O enough people versed in FLOSS, there will definitely be a lack of
> > support people. How can this be combated? Education. Since the
>
> are you agreeing that there are insufficient OSS support/maintenance people
> who can provide a commercial service to the government ? if that is your
> position, then perhaps the government would be wise to defer the adoption
> of open source until a time when there is enough support. would this be the
> position you're suggesting ?

That may be more words than I would put into it. However, given that
some of people here who is supporting FLOSS commercially, and still the
government is complaining for a lack of support, then it's time to
rethink where they can get it.

> if that is the case, then we might as well pack up our bags and go home.
> move along now, nothing to see here.

Reminds me of the Police Officer in South Park..

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!