Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for all in Malaysia]

On 10/07/05 01:42 BIGrat said the following:
> that your last sentence here implies that certain qualifications are
> necessary to (i'm out on  a limb here...) provide these services.

what qualifications ? i didnt imply that at all, unless you've inferred it
from somewhere.

from here :

".............we should be asking why this is so, instead of expecting handouts and
thriving on a subsidy mentality."

ahh, the cronyism thing. ok, even among the crony crew, why havent they
formed OSS support companies and used their crony connections to win these
contracts ? i do know that some here are definitely plugged in to this same
crony network too.

i think bytecraft is doing a pretty good job in the govt sector .... the others... i'm not too sure about OSS s/b; havent heard about them of late.  BUT is there sufficient demand at right now?  asking companies to venture into OSS support business require existence of sufficient immeiate and long term demand side and sufficient supply of skilled manpower.  the question is whether we see availabilty of these two? if the former is really not that certain, which businessman would take a decision to go in?

ok, fine. so with the private sector being viable, how many OSS support
companies are there providing these services to the private sector ? the
lament is not which sector they're providing it to but rather the LACK of
such companies.

its the same thing. if there isnt sufficient demand in the private sector again, who wants to risk it?  i personally think there is enough demand there but the perception is that the pie isnt big enough.

--
micro-inhale  aka microsucks! ;-)