Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] DAP MALAYSIA: Broadband for all in Malaysia]

On 10/08/05 18:51 BIGrat said the following:
> ".............we should be asking why this is so, instead of expecting
> handouts and
> thriving on a subsidy mentality."

i wasnt implying any qualifications, but rather referring to the mentality
that one needs the government to help them, irrespective of ethnicity.

> i think bytecraft is doing a pretty good job in the govt sector .... the

one swallow does not an exodus make.

> late.  BUT is there sufficient demand at right now?  asking companies to

MAMPU seems to think so.

> its the same thing. if there isnt sufficient demand in the private
> sector again, who wants to risk it?  i personally think there is enough
> demand there but the perception is that the pie isnt big enough.

as businessmen/women, perhaps then the onus is to go out and create the
demand. at the crux of it, companies need computing services and they need
these needs met with quality and aptness. one possible reason why OSS
companies are not succeeding at winning these pieces of the pie could be
that they lack the capability to provide both quality and aptness and
confine their "expertise" to just installation of linux on commodity
hardware. this will definitely not make a good business model.