Re: [ossig] MDC to hold public discussion on Malaysian Creative Commons

Ditesh wrote:
> It'll be good if members of the community can be present, to ensure that
> our views, opinions and thoughts are given full and due consideration.
> Also, we need to ensure that the event does not get hijacked by certain
> well known parties which has been known to happen in recent times.

Sure ?

I don't think the usual suspects will show for CC.
We'll rather have other appreciative guys around; those who fear their
loss of protected revenue.
Just yesterday (?) we could read in The Star that foreign films will be
taxed to support the local movie industry.
I am afraid the mindset needs a change: As long as people think that
best protection is a monopoly with state-guaranteed revenue and tariffs
for competitors, we won't go anywhere.

A possible link to introduce something else:
http://www.magnatune.com/
I have enjoyed hours of legal downloads (streams) from them.
Free Culture à Lawrence Lessig.

Uwe