Re: [ossig] MDC to hold public discussion on Malaysian CreativeCommons

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 13:14 +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:

> I don't think the usual suspects will show for CC.

Well yes, you might be right but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

> We'll rather have other appreciative guys around; those who fear their
> loss of protected revenue.

If there are dissenting voices there, this would be all the more reason
for people from OUR community to step up and speak out on why CC would
be a valuable addition in building our commons in a constructive manner.

In particular, we need people who contribute non-software related but
still free as in freedom material to show up and indicate that
legitimizing their work will be a great boon to the community at large.

In particular, members of the magazine team would benefit in the long
term from participating in the discussion.

Ditesh