Re: [ossig] Software Patents Already In Malaysia?

Yes. Martin Khor from Penang is the more colourful representative from
Malaysia. See this for Martin Khor's papers.
http://www.twnside.org.sg/

This is his paper on IP issues presented recently...

* INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, COMPETITION AND DEVELOPMENT*
<http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/par/mk002.doc>
by Martin Khor

This paper examines the relation of intellectual property (IP) with
monopoly and competition, in the development context. It considers the
effects of IP in the special situation of developing countries. It was
presented at a seminar organized by the World Intellectual Property
Organization (WIPO) in May 2005.

Molly