Re: [ossig] Software Patents Already In Malaysia?

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 02:13 +0800, jason chong wrote:
> Hey guys, anyone heard of the Third World network ? Apparently it is
> an anti-TRIPs organisation based in Penang, contact person is Cecilia
> Oh. I am not sure how she can play in this, but I think the OSS group
> and Third World network are fighting the same battle. She started
> early and probably may have something that
> could aid the local OSS and anti-software patent cause.

I know them quite well. They don't really fight the anti-software patent
per se due to lack of domain expertise but they definitely fight other
issues, eg IPR's in medicine, onerous FTA's etc. It's primarily based in
Geneva but they have an office in KL, with CAP being their sister
organization in Penang.

http://www.twnside.org.sg/ for more information.

Ditesh