Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] Revaluing Deployment of Open Source Software

"Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Regional Directors are independent
developers and architects, volunteers chosen for their leadership in
their local technology circles, whose primary purpose is to share
information about Microsoft technologies with their developer
communities and to provide feedback from developers to Microsoft .
Regional directors have gained developers' trust by providing an
objective viewpoint and talking with developers in their own language.
Regional Directors are not Microsoft employees, so they tend to be
very open about our products, both good and bad. At the end of the
day, though, customers get the information they need to be
successful." - http://msdn.microsoft.com/isv/rd/

Thats what they say, but everytime the govt announces something about OSS,
our RD as an ISV seems to have some say in it.

Here, as an ISV, in an OSS event, no less..
http://www.sumberterbuka.com.my/index.php?id=88
(anybody attended?)

During the announcement of the OSS 'Masterplan', there was a feature
in computimes.
http://www.mind.com.my/mind/forum/AspNetForums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=43429
(unfortunately the link to the article is dead: "Behind OSS Adoption
in the Public Sector"
http://www.ctimes.com.my/BusinessNews/20050224102321/wartrevamp)

===

But the issue about openstandards etc is just a small part of the problem.
What needs to be done is to concentrate on the OSS Masterplan itself,
and how it is good for the government and businesses to adopt it.

Yusseri said:
> I've a feeling that the government *might* decide to respond, though.
Any updates?

yk.