[ossig] Touch pad & usb mouse configuration

Hi all,
 Need help with my touch pad & usb mouse
configuration. I'm using DELL Inspiron 600m running
Gentoo with 2.6 kernel. I've made the necessary
changes to xorg.conf. Here's where the troubleshooting
is required. If I plugged in the USB mouse after X has
started, it is detected (cat /dev/input/mouse1 has
output). However, X is not accepting any of the input.
For it to work, I need to restart X or plug in the
mouse before X starts. Any pointers? BTW, Mun Heng,
great work with the Suspend2 article! Worked like a
charm!

--
suhaizal