Re: [ossig] Touch pad & usb mouse configuration

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 12:34 +0800, Uwe Dippel wrote:
> Mohd Suhaizal Md Kamari wrote:
>
> >  Need help with my touch pad & usb mouse
> > configuration. I'm using DELL Inspiron 600m running
> > Gentoo with 2.6 kernel.
>
> I'm running another DELL notebook; similar configuration.

D600, All things with the mouse works.

Touchpad, trackpad, USB mouse.

All "Cucuk dan Main" anytime.

Gentoo Too.

> No problem. Of course, you plug in the mouse before you boot as best
> solution. This must work.

USB, shouldn't be needed. NO?

> X reads its config at start, so later on it will not re-read it on its
> on. That is, chances are you plug your mouse before you start it.
>
> Or, you install OpenBSD and it works out of the box without any config.
> I dunno why these buggers on Linux haven't been able to detect
> /dev/input/mice on their own ? At least, I never got it to work by
> itself; always had to vi Xxxxxx.conf. On BSD it does.
> No flamewars, please.
> And setserial behaves similarly. The Linux kernel never probes irq;
> while the BSD-kernel *recognises* my ttyS3 on irq 5.
> Enough OT for today,
>
> Uwe

Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
Neuromancer 13:01:12 up 3 days, 3:19, 4 users, load average: 0.75, 0.87,
0.72