Re: [ossig] Touch pad & usb mouse configuration

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> That's weird. hotplug should just plug and play.

Let's stop talking and become active.
I shut down my DELL Latitude D400, (on which all three work all of the
time), unplug the USB-mouse, reboot, start X (automatically), check the
functions, plug back the USB-mouse.

This is the result:

After reboot without mouse, everything works. Excluding that mouse; of
course; no magic here. Plug in USB-mouse and dmesg says:

usb 4-5.4: new low speed USB device using address 4
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: ctrl urb status -32 received
input: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [413c:3010] on usb-0000:00:1d.7-5.4

And worx immediately, as well.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

And now we have to find out what Suhaizal's problem is. Which I wanted
to do, systematically, in the first place.

Uwe