Re: [ossig] The Future is Open Source (Pakistan)

On Sat, 2005-10-29 at 18:28 +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:

> perhaps this should be pointed out to BSA Malaysia, that their counterparts
> in Pakistan have at least got it right.

BSA members include IBM. I do not think the other members have as much
vested interest in open source. IBM I believe is quite supportive of
open source in Pakistan (and maybe of less interest to other member
companies), and as such may be behind BSA statements there.

Anything that BSA states officially I believe has to be sanctioned by
these companies. As such BSA members here in Malaysia may see that
supporting open source is not in their best interests (including IBM
Malaysia).

This is a digitally signed message part