RE: [ossig] The Future is Open Source (Pakistan)

Your definitely right about IBM in Pakistan Khairil, they are funding almost
every open source promotional activity in Pakistan. BSA in Pakistan has to
take a different role because in Pakistan over 85%+ software is pirated and
a large majority of the citizens in the region are not aware of the basic
differences between pirated and licensed software. So it's a pretty
different picture in Pakistan.

Regards.
---------------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
General Secretary
FOSSFP: Free & Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan R
FOSSAC ' 2006 Secretariat
Punjab University College of Information Technology
University of The Punjab, Allama Iqbal (Old) Campus
The Mall, Lahore-54000, Pakistan
Phone #: 92 (042) 111-923-923 Ext: 27
Cell #: 92-333-4661290
e-mail: bajwa@fossfp.org
Lahore-Pakistan.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e- mail takes no
responsibility for the material, implicit or explicit.