RE: [ossig] The Future is Open Source (Pakistan)

Dear Khairil,
I would like to point you to some of the steps regarding promotion of the
F/OSS movement by IBM in Pakistan:

IBM - OSRC Conference on Linux Adoption in Pakistan
June 25, 2005, Karachi, Pakistan
http://www.osrc.org.pk/agenda.pdf

Linux & Open Source Adoption in Pakistan, June 25
http://www.osrc.org.pk/workshops/IBM_PSEB/INDEX.HTML

IBM Pakistan Open Source/Linux Presentations:
http://www-5.ibm.com/pk/events/Linux/

IBM Conference on Linux and Open Source Adoption
http://www.ibm.com/news/pk/2004/07/pk_en_Article_a_120705.html

IBM in Pakistan Responds to Earthquake Disaster - IBM helped deploy FOSS
SAHANA Relief Management System in Pakistan
http://www.ibm.com/news/pk/en/2005/10/news_19oct.html

IBM Offers Free Technologies to Universities to Accelerate Open Standards
Development Skills
http://www.ibm.com/news/pk/2004/07/news_c.html

I am not advocating the vendor; I am only clarifying the positive role that
IBM is adopting in Pakistan-South Asia Region. IBM has also vowed to support
the FOSS Movement by participating in FOSSFP: Free and Open Source Software
Foundation future activities and events. I have a fax from their IBM-Country
Manager for Pakistan stating such support in the future during the
FOSSAC'2005 1st National Free and Open Source Software Awareness Campaign
August 16-19, 2005. I hope that they will support us during FOSSAC'2006
http://r0.unctad.org/ecommerce/fosspart/eventsfp.htm 2nd National Free and
Open Source Software Awareness Campaign August 19, 2005-August 19, 2006.
Ref: UNCTAD Announcement:
http://r0.unctad.org/ecommerce/fosspart/eventsfp.htm
FOSSAC'2006 Official Section: http://www.fossfp.org/fossac2006

I have a complete CD of presentations and videos from the event, if you can
provide me a large FTP to upload the contents; you will be able to view how
IBM-Pakistan is leading the commercial open source activities here.

Looking forward to your comments.

Regards.
---------------------------
Fouad Riaz Bajwa
General Secretary
FOSSFP: Free & Open Source Software Foundation of Pakistan R
FOSSAC ' 2006 Secretariat
Punjab University College of Information Technology
University of The Punjab, Allama Iqbal (Old) Campus
The Mall, Lahore-54000, Pakistan
Phone #: 92 (042) 111-923-923 Ext: 27
Cell #: 92-333-4661290
e-mail: bajwa@fossfp.org
Lahore-Pakistan.
Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e- mail takes no
responsibility for the material, implicit or explicit.