Re: [ossig] korea to go fully open source soon ?

On 11/02/05 03:59 Muammar Kris Khaira said the following:
> I think this step will create a better environment for the the open
> source gaming community in Korea. Game developers like id Software have
> benefited greatly from releasing their code under FLOSS licenses. [1]
>
> [1] http://www.idsoftware.com/business/techdownloads/

it's more than just licensing under an OSS license. the games themselves
have to run on an OSS platform, if microsoft goes thru with it's threat and
withdraws windows and its ilk from the korean market. somehow, i doubt
they'd do this, given that korea is a fairly large market for them in asia.
the others being china and japan.