Re: [ossig] WSIS Tunis

Dear colleagues
I'd like to know about other events of interest at WSIS, and if others on this list will be there.  We have a delegation from Indiana University attending, and I will be participating in two events:

The Past, Present, and Future of Research on the Information Society, a pre-WSIS (13-15.11) event organized by several academic bodies

http://worldsci.net/program.htm

and another session organized by Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility,

The Role of Computer Science and Engineering Professions in Achieving
WSIS Goals,
a Panel & Discussion organized by Computer Professionals for Social
Responsibility ( http://www.cpsr.org )

Tunis, Tunisia
11:00 - 13:00
Le Kram in the Summit Venue

This is Parallel Event of the World Summit of the Information Society
Second Phase in Tunis,
16 - 18 November 2005  ( http://www.itu.int/wsis ).

This panel will examine the central role that the computer science and
engineering
professions play in shaping the information society and how they can
serve in
helping to realize the goals set by WSIS.

All WSIS attendees are invited to participate in the session.

Jeff Ooi will be there, too.  How about you, Khairil?

David