Re: [ossig] Programmer life in Malaysia.

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 16:20 +0800, jason chong wrote:

> I feel it may not be fair to blame just the graduates quality alone as
> employers themselves are also responsible for the

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're stating that you feel that grads
don't aim for a coding job because employers in malaysia don't treat
coders right? Ie, "no, I have been told that it is a tiresome and
have-no-life job." and "no, Malaysia where got future being programmer?"

There may be some truth in that.

Though, an additional reason to me is that most graduates in this sector
are just not interested in coding. I've lost count of the number of
times I've heard graduates claiming they can't code or that they "just
don't get coding".

There are many slave driving companies in Malaysia. Build competence and
suddenly you'll find legitimate well known companies head-hunting you
and the cards will be in your favor.

Reading the responses makes it seem like expectations are such that
these people want an easy life - a well paying, non-challenging, stress
free job that doesn't require much thinking, or the need to work hard or
any level of passion. well, in the words a dark lord of the sith made
famous, tough titties - wake up and smell the fresh air of the real
world.

Ditesh