Re: [ossig] Programmer life in Malaysia.

On 11/17/05 02:16 Ng Swee Meng said the following:
> what you guys expect from a CS/IT grad?

someone who understands the concepts of Computer Science. someone who knows
algorithms, can write one and knows algorithmic performance benchmarks,
either in O notation or otherwise. someone who can think and is able to
abstract away implementation from design and knows that spending more time
on the latter shortens the former considerably.

> what you guys expecting from a programmer?

all of the above and mastery of a real programming language.