Re: [ossig] What do you use MySQL for?

Hi,

1. Yes, I use database
2. No, I do not use mysql
3. I use postgreSQL because it has many features and functionalities that
cannot be supported by mysql. Some simple features like "SUB-QUERY" cannot be
supported by mysql.
4. Not applicable
5. Not really, not enough time to explore too many things in depth. Rather
stick with one.

Many thanks and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Vincent

--- Colin Charles <byte@aeon.com.my> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Just doing a bit of "market research"[0], checking the
> viability/possibility of a MySQL Meetup[1] for the Malaysian crowd. My
> quick few questions:
>
> 1. Do you use a database?
> 2. If yes, do you use MySQL?
> 3. If no, what else do you use, and why?
> (where why can be reasons as to why you don't use MySQL, including lack
> of exposure, or it is missing something)
> 4. If you use MySQL, what do you use it for?
> (administrating, playing around, developing apps on top of it, etc.)
> 5. If no to all the above, are you interested in learning more about
> MySQL and taking your knowledge to the next step?
>
> Thanks for taking the time to respond. If you'd rather not do it on
> list, don't hesitate to send it to me via private e-mail. If I get
> enough positive responses, we can get an official MySQL Meetup thing
> happening.... and there'll be goodies[2], I'm sure
>
> [0] - Sorry, my goals stem from the fact that I work at MySQL AB
> [1] - http://mysql.meetup.com/
> [2] - think caps, Sakila's[3], mugs, and so on
> [3] - name of the dolphin, the mascot
> --
> Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd
        - Your Franchise Management Solutions Partner
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor,
Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail.
Thank you.