Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] What do you use MySQL for?

thanks for pointing that out.. I think it is great that mysql has improved
quite a bit since earlier versions.. my knowledge of mysql is indeed outdated.

found an interesting, and most importantly NEUTRAL comparison.. check this out:

http://builder.com.com/5100-6388_14-1050671.html

by the way, Colin, how is it going? are you in Aussie or in KL now? Keen to
meet for a cup of tea/coffee?

--- Colin Charles <byte@aeon.com.my> wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 17:23 +0000, Vincent Lee wrote:
>
> > 3. I use postgreSQL because it has many features and functionalities that
> > cannot be supported by mysql. Some simple features like "SUB-QUERY" cannot
> be
> > supported by mysql.
>
> Since 4.1 afaik, subqueries are supported.
>
> Read: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/subqueries.html
>
> > 5. Not really, not enough time to explore too many things in depth. Rather
> > stick with one.
>
> Fair enough. So you'd rather just stop knowledge at Postgres then?
>
> Regards
> --
> Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd
        - Your Franchise Management Solutions Partner
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor,
Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail.
Thank you.