[ossig] Re: [myoss] What do you use MySQL for?

is there any pattern that we can observe the type of programmers who would go
for postgresql vs mysql?

--- Colin Charles <byte@aeon.com.my> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 01:34 +0800, Ang Tun Chek wrote:
>
> > >2. If yes, do you use MySQL?
> > >

> > no unless application specify
>
> So have you ever used MySQL?
>
> > >3. If no, what else do you use, and why?
> > >

> > postgresql, it supports complex query and object oriented.
> > mysql only support simple union and join query.
>
> Really? Can you tell me what complex queries postgresql supports that
> mysql doesn't for you? I'm willing to make notes of this to see what the
> Malaysian crowd requires!
>
> > >5. If no to all the above, are you interested in learning more about
> > >MySQL and taking your knowledge to the next step?
> > >

> > yes, mysql is still one of the best multi platform database
> > hope it can do more than before.
>
> So, what do you plan on learning?
>
> Seeing that I don't have any idea what level you're at, any chance of
> taking a gander at http://www.mysql.com/training/ and seeing what would
> make most sense, if you could learn some of those topics (not as
> in-depth), for FREE?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/

Wavelet Solutions Sdn Bhd
        - Your Franchise Management Solutions Partner
GC-43, Ground Floor, Block C,
Kelana Square, 17 Jalan SS7/26,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Selangor,
Malaysia.
H/P: 012-6018838
Tel: 03-78042287 / 78042207
Fax: 03-78042281

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE:
The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail.
Thank you.