Re: [ossig] single sign-on, SSH, VSFTP trouble

Thank you to all your ideas,

I managed to get vsftpd working and authenticated users via the win2k3
ADS and local user. Harisfazillah you managed to lit the idea.
Just to share the solution.

replace /etc/pam.d/vsftpd as follows:
=== begin vsftpd ===
auth       required     pam_listfile.so item=user sense=deny
file=/etc/vsftpd.ftpusers onerr=succeed
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     pam_shells.so
account    required     pam_unix.so
password    required    pam_unix.so
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
=== end vsftpd ===

I made many changes but resolved that the above is the main solution on
a FC2 with SELINUX turned on. Apart from that it is the firewall
settings. So I suggest trying to get vsftp working without firewall
first. Read the /var/log/messages at each login attempt.

Another thing is to make sure that the krb5 tickets are valid with the
command kinit -5. Worst case is a user not having a valid ticket.

A problem I could not resolve is shown in the /var/log/messages and if
anyone can tell me what is the solution, it is appreciated. It occured
when remotely someone tried to ftp.

nss_ldap: reconnecting to LDAP server...
nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Operations error

Nicholas