Re: [ossig] [FOSS-PDI] Analysis: Limitations of OpenOffice.Org, by Andrew Brown,The Guardian

Dinesh Nair wrote:

> If this suite's a success, why is it so buggy?

Ooops, sounds strange. Doesn't it ?
Should be the other way round:
If this suite's so buggy, why is it a success ?
... or something similar.

But I get what the author meant, nevertheless.
The answer is obvious, and so this article is a wastage of bandwidth IMHO.
Why, if it is a success, is it *still* so buggy ?
Obvious answer: despite all the investment, an Office Suite is a big
undertaking.
But as a so-called 'writer', Andrew Brown could not simply state it like
this. No money in this, no business:
Why do we not invest even more in improving OpenOffice ?

His last sentence also is quite astonishing, isn't it ?
OpenOffice is better for books than MSOffice.

If you bother about layout, neither is okay; so the wrong approach from
the start. If you bother about typing only, vi is just as good, if not
better.

So what is all this about ? Hot air.

Uwe