Re: [myoss] Re: [ossig] [FOSS-PDI] Analysis: Limitations of OpenOffice.Org,by Andrew Brown, The Guardian

Dinesh Nair wrote:

>> Well, when I said that, we were talking about office users. None of
>> the developers, afaik, work as secretaries or PA's, so don't get to
>> use the
>

> but developers write these little niggly things called functional
> requirements and architecture documents don't they ?

Written oh so, 16 years ago. New features get those niggly things (look
at allfeatures@openoffice.org if you want)

>> So, no chance of a bug filed, yet?
>

> nope, since with respect to oo.o i'm like 90% of the user base. i just
> expect it to work, or i'll find a replacement.

OK.

>> This thread is a mix of several meets at Yatra, and possibly Castle (add
>

> not really. the thread started with my post of andrew brown's article in
> the guardian and his analysis/opinions on oo.o.

Andrew Brown has actually contributed to the OOo project.

This thread came from the guardian, but the comments "quoted" involved
f2f meets.

>> than complain, doesn't show much aptitude either
>

> but users do that now, dont they ? and if the response is as predictable
> as this, then perhaps andrew brown's assertions were right after all.

If OOo crashes, there's a crash reporter. If you visit the website,
there's a bug reporter. If you got it from a Linux distro, they
automatically turn to local Bugzilla's. If you buy SLES or RHEL, you
call support (and they lodge a report if required). If you run FreeBSD,
you turn to the community-run IssueZilla, or users@openoffice.org [1]

Have a good day.

[1] - there may be commercial FreeBSD based support organisations; if
they exist, http://bizdev.openoffice.org/ might have some useful resources