Re: [ossig] asterix

On 01/18/06 09:40 Ted Targosz said the following:
> most people using PRI ISDN to bring in 32 lines or are E1 connections
> common?

E1 PRIs are common in malaysia for voice, and getting an E1 is still
cheaper than bundling 30 individual analog lines together. the E1 spec
allows for 32 channels but two of those are used for signalling and
timing/syncing/framing so you'd only get 30 usable voice channels out of it.

in some older installations you're also likely to find CAS E1s using MFC/R2
signalling which is a bitch to get up and running. thankfully, telekom
doesnt provide these circuits anymore to new customers.