[ossig] MyOSS Meetup February 2006

Happy Chinese New Year everyone,

I would like to welcome everyone into the new Chinese Year, and also
welcome everyone to our return to MalaysiaKini.  Cheers to the
MalaysiaKini for graciously hosting our event.  We are always looking
for alternatives, be it either software or programming languages, and
finding the right tools for the job.  Zope is a popular server for
building content mangement systems, intranets, portals and custom
applications, and Khairil would be introducing us to the Zope
Application Server. Though our MyOSS Meetup in November was postponed,
Dr.  Nah is returning to present to us on "Open Standards and Free and
Open Source Software ( FOSS )."  The importance of open standards in the
IT industry and how help FOSS helps to establish, cement, implement, and
enforce these standards.  Similarly vice versa with Open Standards
impact on FOSS.

When:
Thursday, February 9th, 7:00 PM

Where:
MalaysiaKini Building
48, Jalan Kemuja
Bangsar Utama
59000 Kuala Lumpur

Need a map?  See http://aizatto.com/myoss/malaysiakini.jpg

What:
September Meetup Agenda
7:00pm - 7:30pm Meet Each Other
7:30pm - 7:45pm Welcome by Organizer
7:45pm - 8:15pm Introduction to Zope Application Server by Khairil Yusof
8:15pm - 8:45pm Malaysian IT Standards and Open Standards by Dr. Nah
8:45pm - 9:15pm Open Discussion

Cost:
FREE

Contact:
aizat.faiz@gmail.com
017-690-8783

Interested in helping out the Free and Open Source Community in Malaysia?
Check out http://www.iosn.net/country/malaysia/organizations/myoss/howto/

If you would like to do a presentation, please contact me at the above
email address.

Learn more about MyOSS at http://myoss.iosn.net .

Thank You,
Aizat Faiz