[ossig] Re: [myoss] For MyOSS: Electronic Filing of Tax Return in Malaysia

On 02/22/06 18:48 Ditesh Kumar said the following:
> I suppose the FOSS movement faces this type of dilemma everywhere, all
> the time -- governments saying their warm support for FOSS on the one
> hand, then implementing policies that cut FOSS out on the other.

the government is a large animal. when one department or ministry suggest
or makes policy, it would take time for this policy to filter down as a
Circular Memo to the heads of the other departments for implementation in
their own projects. in short, no Circular Memo, no implementation of policy.

so when a government department calls for support in assisting them in
implementing the policy, the community may want to consider responding with
assistance and support.