Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] For MyOSS: Electronic Filing of Tax Return in Malaysia

On Thursday 23 February 2006 18:17, Ditesh Kumar wrote:

> On the contrary, we /did/ respond but were categorically not invited to
> the event, which very clearly speaks poorly for MAMPU. It does not do to
> call for a public dialogue on FOSS, have the community members register
> but not get invited, and hold the event with a large number of
> participants with non-FOSS intentions in mind attend (or so I hear
> happened at the event).
>
> If MAMPU truly wanted community dialogue, they should not have excluded
> members of the community, in particular active members, who wished to
> participate. That is not engagement, that is getting snubbed.

Loath as I am to get my 2 cents in, I feel that I am compelled to. I was given
a print-out of the people who registered for the event, and I don't recall
having your name there. Now, it could have been incompetence on the part of
the DHIT guys who set up the registration system (for which I would be fully
responsible for) but it could also be because you (and others) did not
register. However, to *plainly* say that MAMPU *snubbed* the community is
uncalled for. I, personally, take offense to that. And I'm just the machai.

Why, on God's green earth, would anyone have a dialogue on FOSS where they
invite the community, then turn around and not tell 'em, and instead get
non-FOSS people to come? I mean, stupid me, obviously because I bloody well
can't see it.

Tell you what, I'll see if I can get another event set up and I'll email the
lists and everyone I could think of. Then, you don't have to register online.
Email me. After which I'll send reminders periodically until the day of the
event.

I may yet not be able to get it organised (or even get myself organised enough
to organise it), but I sure as hell am going to try.

yusseri