Re: [ossig] Re: [myoss] For MyOSS: Electronic Filing of Tax Returnin Malaysia

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 18:42 +0800, Yusseri Yusoff wrote:
> Loath as I am to get my 2 cents in, I feel that I am compelled to. I was given
> a print-out of the people who registered for the event, and I don't recall
> having your name there. Now, it could have been incompetence on the part of
> the DHIT guys who set up the registration system (for which I would be fully
> responsible for) but it could also be because you (and others) did not
> register. However, to *plainly* say that MAMPU *snubbed* the community is
> uncalled for. I, personally, take offense to that. And I'm just the machai.

I registered and I *very clearly* remember registering 15 minutes after
receiving the email. And I remember Khairil posting on the list that he
registered and a group of #myoss'ers registered too. I was on the
channel when this was happening. Khairil even posted that he promoted it
on the IOSN site. Now *NONE* of us were invited. Why? Did you or MAMPU
put in time to check for the reason for this? Clearly not. So you tell
me Yusseri, what should we feel if not snubbed?

If a party is organizing the event, then it becomes THEIR responsibilty
to make sure everything runs fine, not the responsibility of those
trying to attend.

So unless you're attempting to discount the word of all of us who
registered but were not invited, I suggest you retract any implication
that it is the community not willing to participate in the dialogue
because by all accounts, I guarantee you that we certainly are.

And really, to claim that we are complaining about the cracks but not
really registering is really disgenuous and I did not expect that from
you, out of all people.

> Why, on God's green earth, would anyone have a dialogue on FOSS where they
> invite the community, then turn around and not tell 'em, and instead get
> non-FOSS people to come? I mean, stupid me, obviously because I bloody well
> can't see it.

Let me help you see it then: why would MAMPU allow the myoss'ers to
slip through the cracks and not the others who don't have FOSS as their
primary agenda? Think about that and you'll see why some of us felt
snubbed.

We registered but weren't invited and therefore excluded from the
proceeding - that remains the bottom line. I remember that you
apologizing publically on this mailing list and while I would accept
your personal apology, MAMPU has not apologized and you were not
apologizing on MAMPU's behalf so it does come off as being snubbed by
MAMPU.

> Tell you what, I'll see if I can get another event set up and I'll email the
> lists and everyone I could think of. Then, you don't have to register online.
> Email me. After which I'll send reminders periodically until the day of the
> event.

That certainly would be great, and would clearly be an improvement over
the last snafu.

> I may yet not be able to get it organised (or even get myself organised enough
> to organise it), but I sure as hell am going to try.

That's good and I sure as hell will attend (unless, of course, something
catastrophic prevents me from doing so).

If you need help, holler and the community will step up and help in our
capacities as we have done in many past occasions. For one, I volunteer
to write you a *working* registration system: email me offline and spec
me your requirements.

Ditesh