[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ossig] S'pore to host global IP forum - Business - News - ZDNetAsia
- To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [ossig] S'pore to host global IP forum - Business - News - ZDNetAsia
- From: Aizat Faiz <aizat.faiz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 01:17:50 +0800
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:x-accept-language:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=BbgZDHJ8MVWpSU2B8XtvKtEBsFSt69JwwlIrtuBkL95UX1ouKdvhfLXQmGP322VK4QMLxh95xwN69jsUu8DI/ioAcmapV1VU0ANjHulAeDQCxfLwAHSAnUpFkMz/qwus9fhr0xZYamWl7bETlINDdc3lcA1NmeqB83jJSx8/LdQ=
- In-Reply-To: <440F0D9C.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <440F0D9C.email@example.com>
- Reply-To: ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-ossig@xxxxxxxxxxx
- User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7 (X11/20051013)
NP Lee wrote:
> To unsubscribe: send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
> with "unsubscribe ossig" in the body of the message
Helps if you paste the text, perhaps for future reference :)
SINGAPORE--More than 30 global experts in intellectual property (IP)
will throw light on pressing IP issues at the inaugural Global IP Forum
to be held here this August.
Organized by Singapore's IP Academy, a center for IP research and
education in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region, the event is touted
to be the region's first multi-disciplinary IP forum that covers all
three core IP rights--copyright, trademark and patents.
According to the IP Academy, the event will touch on how the region’s
expanding economies, led by China and India, will exert a rising
influence on global IP creation, protection, exploitation and management
for multinational companies.
Hot IP issues in the technology sector are also on the agenda, according
to a spokesperson from the Academy. They include Google's efforts in
creating a digital repository of existing copyrighted works, the
face-off between file-sharing software vendors and the music industry,
as well as challenges faced by global companies that want their IP
rights protected while outsourcing their operations to Asia.
IP dispute resolution is also one of the talking points. The growing
trend in the European Union and United States, where parties are turning
to alternative methods such as mediation to settle IP disputes, could
impact developments in the Asia-Pacific region.
Singapore, for example, may be able to play an important role in this
respect given its neutral position and strong IP infrastructure,
according to the IP Academy.
David Llewelyn, director of IP Academy, said in a statement: "The growth
in internationalization and the borderless environment in which
businesses now operate, have highlighted the need for greater
inter-country collaboration in the management, protection and
enforcement of IP rights."
He added: "We believe that the forum will offer a sound platform for IP
practitioners and corporations to exchange ideas, and further raise the
bar on IP standards, both regionally and globally."
Industry luminaries who will be speaking at the forum include Sir
Francis Jacobs, Queen’s Counsel and Former Advocate General from the
European Court of Justice; Toe Su Aung, general counsel at British
American Tobacco; and Professors William Cornish and Lionel Bently from
The forum is expected to attract more than 300 participants including
leading IP practitioners, IP thought leaders and academia, businessmen,
industry players and government officials from Southeast Asia, the
United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, China, India, Australia, New
Zealand, as well as the Middle East regions.
aizat faiz: sleep to the power of z. -_-;;^zzz
strange symphonies - http://aizatto.com/
* Meetup - http://myoss.iosn.net
* Planet - http://myoss.bytebot.net
* IRC - #myoss @ irc.freenode.net
To unsubscribe: send mail to email@example.com
with "unsubscribe ossig" in the body of the message