Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dress forsuccess? Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

Just wondering why this thread generate so much responds compare with other thread ? Should we end this discussion ASAP instead of dragging it with so much responds ?

Whatever a person wear in front of another person is her / his perception. A collection of people form a society perception. I can always try to wear nothing (nude) on the street and the rest of of people in the street will think I am crazy because society dictate that a human being need to wear clothes but we are born to this world without clothes compare with other animals which have fur.

We are living in such rich society that not always all people will say "hey since he wear a tie, he is technically sound..." If everyone say so, I doubt we are human at all instead we are collection of Borg in Star Trek ..... Why Open Source community existed ? They existed for a reason and wearing a suit for corporate image is not the main reason ! I will doubt it ! Everyone of us existed because of a reason that we need to find out and venture. That same goes within a society ....

Just my 2 cent thought :) Let's go on with a meaningful discussion especially technical ones like how to hack a linux kernal :)

Hong Cheng