Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dress forsuccess? Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

Agree with you on that but not all open source movement really care about governments all over the world. For example Apache Group ? do you think they really care ? but most of the libraries are found in various commercial offering. For them, they just want to create the libraries.

Are you are claiming religion teaching is a form a sales ? because the priest trying to advocate the religion ?

Sales, or the activity of selling, forms an integral part of commercial activity. Mastering sales is considered by many as some sort of persuading "art". On the contrary, the methodological approach of selling refers to it as a systematic process of repetitive and measurable milestones, by which a salesperson relate his offering enabling the buyer to visualize how to achieve his goal in an economic way.
Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling

An advocate is one who speaks on behalf of another, especially in a legal context, and particularly in reference to the system of Scots law.
Tajen from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advocate

They are distinct meaning between selling and advocating ...

Just my 2 cent opinion :) Hope I didn't hurt anyone here.