9mp (was: Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and todress forsuccess? Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans andSandals)

any thots about the recently announced 9mp?

mr choon had an article in todays nst commenting on the 9mp.

i think the oss community should also have something to say about it too.

maybe we can offer our 'services' for 'e-enabling' the national schools.
main points: 1) reduction in licensing fees (for schools and homes); 2)
local developers have access to source code for transfer of technology;
3) ability to localise and adapt software to our national interest
(without having to kowtow to foreign corporations).