Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dress forsuccess?Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

Molly Cheah wrote:

Hi!

> Looks like I have to learn all over again. Tell me which guru should I
> depend on this time? Totally confusing, this open source thingy isn't
> it? Free as in freedom and not as in beer, but I have to freely allow
> everyone to download because thay can equate to be doctors.
> Non-discriminatory and I lose my freedom to whom I chose to give my
> application to.

Re: Gurus, maybe a good lawyer or some research on your part. Whom did
you depend on the last time? We can surely help provide them with the
appropriate knowledge

> ....having an online demo of open source software, constitutes as use,
> and hence I equate to being a "doctor" in the context..... Wow...Now you
> are really frightening the doctors into using open source products. Now
> I'm beginning to understand why even the Govt is having second thoughts
> because whatever they develop they have to make them available to you so
> that you can fork it etc etc.....

You're spreading FUD.

Heard of the BSD license? Its an open source license, and you can make
applications that don't require giving the code to if someone asks for
it (afaik)

All I'm saying is, you call your application an "open source" one,
you've won an open source excellence award for it, yet you haven't
licensed it under any open source license or there's no source code
available (ever)

Your application is really a proprietary application, riding on the open
source bandwagon's "name"

If you want to be part of the community, contribute. If you want the
community to "connect" with you, contribute.

> Sorry ran out of my time allocation for attending to such discussions as
> this discussion can became really viral... Have an enjoyable weekend.

Sure, looking forward to hearing from you post-weekend. Watch the F1, it
should be good entertainment, barring the rain

Best wishes!