Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dress forsuccess?Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

On 04/01/06 19:35 Colin Charles said the following:
> How can it be open source, and be for doctors only? By the Open Source
> Definition (http://opensource.org/docs/definition.php), you are
> violating Article 5, and possibly Article 6.

i think that even the GPL says that you have to give source along with
binaries to the people you distribute and then give them the same rights.
it doesnt say you have to give source to /anyone/.

and if you're defining distribution as "use of the software in the demo",
i'd like to hear what you think about google who've used and modified open
source software (some of which are GPLed) and have not given out source for
these modifications[1].

[1] under the current regime they dont have to, since distribution didnt occur