Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dress forsuccess?Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

On 04/02/06 17:22 Colin Charles said the following:
> I just have one question: should you be calling your software open
> source, when you've taken bits and pieces from the FS/OSS world, made
> modifications, added more code and released it to only a certain few
> people?

that doesnt matter now, does it ? point being that sources are given to the
people to whom it's distributed to with the same rights passed on to them.
that fulfils the definition of open source to the T. there isnt a
requirement to give it to /everyone/ who asks.

the tragedy of the commons has long beset the freeloaders in the open
source community.

> Good thing Google has never advertised themselves to be an "open source
> search engine", eh?

but hey, didnt they too take open source and fulfiled "use of the software"
by your definitions ?