Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dressforsuccess? Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

Hi everyone,

Things seems to be pretty much splatter all over. I may have missed some
part of the discussions. I am no laywer but my question is "Isn't the
opensource gist to provide control on your solution/system?"

Hence, only those who are receiving the solution/system should get the
sourcecode? Nothing is said about it being compulsory to give the source
code to everyone (including those not having the solution/system).

It so happens most opensourced systems try to be distributed to the
masses, hence it being publicly available and in the hope that it can be
improved by others.