Re: [ossig] Open source community needs a haircut and to dressforsuccess? Should I loose my Kurtas (long asian shirts), Jeans and Sandals

Yes,

That is left to the one giving out the OSS award and definitely when
someone says OSI compliant (who determined it?) then it is left to the
actual license holder.

Just imagine if a system declares it being GPL but does not permit the
viral nature to work. In the end, its just the poor knowledge of
licensing. I had a similar experience with using a licensing from GNU
for documentations, as the original author killed its ability to modify
the document sections (technically) and nobody could get the original
author to amend it. Now nobody can use that document as per the license.

So it is good to have voices from all of you on the license matter.
Definitely for clarification sake.